Follow @NicK_VdbG

mercredi 21 octobre 2015

If I die people will pretend I was a happy man spouting joy in their lives



These lines I scratch should be words of joy
Talking to you feels like invading Troy
I plunge deep inside my bag of tricks
Still it looks like I'm working for kicks

None of the things I'm explaining you
None of them you allow to break through
The wall you built between me and you
Now watch the things you make me do

I could lie and say I cry my eyes out
But dry my eyes for ages have been
Alone here Ii sit for rhymes looking out
But only prose is what they have seen
For you the words sound good when I speak
You are the last one who saw me weak

I dress and complain like a teenager
Because I'm chasing a ghost of my past
Not anymore you want me for lover
I didn't know that kiss would be the last
The clocks keep on ticking forever
And you are running away so fast
I think times does not draw us closer
Times like our chances really have passed

I dreamt of writing you a poem
But now it sounds like a requiem
I can feel that pain in my belly
Meaning I have lost what's good in me

"Joy makes me sick" that is my motto
But losing you hurts how could I know
Being a drawning man with no life buoy
Condemned to be the flow of life's toy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire